Closing Date is on :- 22nd June, 2021.
No. of Posts and Vacancies :-
Senior Research Fellow – 02 Posts
Job Location – Kolkata
Other Qualification Details :-
Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for Senior Research Fellows(SRFs)in Zoological Survey of India in HQ, Kolkata. The position is for a period of one year and purely on temporary basis and will be extended for further period based on the requirement, however shall be terminated on completion of the project/programme.
1. Name of the Post: Senior Research Fellow
2. Educational Qualification: Master degree in Zoology / Life Sciences / Environmental Sciences/Biosciences/ Marine Sciences/ Biotechnology or any equivalent degree of Zoology, with Zoology as a major subject in undergraduate course from a recognised University with minimum 55% marks, with two years of research/working experience related to zoology/wildlife biology/ecology
3. Desirable Qualification: Research experience taxonomy, systematics, in zoology or allied subject, field survey experience in DNA barcoding, wildlife, wildlife photography, knowledge of Computer and basic field collection, diving data scuba and snorkelling, mountaineering etc.
4. Remuneration: Rs.14,000/- Admissible HRA (As per rules) For NET/ GATE/ Qualified in similar All India level test, the fellowship amount is as per MoEFCC norms.
5. No. of Posts: 02(Two) (The number of posts may vary as per availability of suitable candidates)
6. Remarks: Thrust Area of Research for ZSI .JRFs: Status survey of endangered species / DNA Barcoding and phylogeny/ Environmental Impact Assessment
The upper age limit for applying for award of SRF shall be 32 years as on the date of application.Upper age limit is relaxed for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC-Non Creamy Layer (NCL)/Women/ Physically Challenged applicants as per Govt. of India rules…Read more>>